CountryGirlClare

CountryGirlClare
Home : Garden : Cooking : Inspiration

Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Farewell summer


Summer has well and truly finished. We lit the fire the other day and it's getting down to about 7 degrees C overnight. All the leaves are turning and dropping everywhere. Lots of raking to do!

We got another puppy last week. He's a handful but lots of fun. I miss my Little Man but this little Bobtail should be great when he grows up. I have been collecting firewood today. Lyndon has been chainsawing all the branches and trees that have fallen over the summer and I wheelbarrow them over to the house. We go through at least half a barrow a day depending on how open I have the vent. It gets shut down when we go to bed and in the morning you just open it up away it goes! It's a lovely warmth, different to ducted heating or reverse cycle.

We had the floors done while we were away and they look great. Lyndon has been painting the lounge room and I have been filling and sanding. The preparation is very tedious but worthwhile. I can't wait for it to be finished. The new sofa and rug look fabulous too! C x

No comments:

Post a Comment