CountryGirlClare

CountryGirlClare
Home : Garden : Cooking : Inspiration

Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Out walking


Hello. This is Little Dog and I out on a walk. We are heading south down the road towards town. The property you can see is our neighbours. I have been making tree guards this week using old cyclone wire fence and a piece of tarp. Not that enjoyable but useful!

We are marking the lambs tomorrow. Boys and girls get ear tags and a ring on their tail, boys also get a ring around their you-know-what's! I am not sure how many we have....maybe 100. Will post a photo of the pen full. We got one set of triplets this year!

I have also been doing a bit of cleaning up around the yard. Raking lots of leaves and sticks from all the gum trees. There are piles everywhere now. I mowed the lawn yesterday for the first time in ages. I love it when it's freshly mown, it looks so nice.

The electrician came around the other day and finished installing the down lights in the lounge and also removed the extremely ugly light fitting in the front hall. He put a cord in and hung a paper oval lantern that I bought from Ikea ages ago. It looks so much better!
The chickens have started laying again....occasionally! It's good to get eggs again. I made chocolate chip biscuits today. The kids are here for the weekend so I thought it might be nice to have some yummy cookies. I used the last two eggs so hopefully the chooks will lay some more soon! Hope you have a lovely weekend. Bye for now. C x

No comments:

Post a Comment